Tuesday 15 January 2008

Status Animarum

Whilst searching on the Internet I came across a review of a document called "Status Animarum" it is basically the census taken by the church, an ecclesiastical census.
I was very excited to have come across this information as I wanted to be able to trace where my ancestors had lived, quote " individuals are not simply counted, but are listed by name, surname, family, age, town or village and quite often with several other interesting details as to nickname, occupation, status and location in the village, not to mention of course the “state of their souls”

I am going to write to the Church of the Latter Day Saints and ask them to send me a copy of the last year the Status Animarum was taken and see if they can send a copy of the microfilm to my nearest Mormon family centre.
I found a list of what documents they have on their website.

No comments: