Monday 5 May 2008

Possible link to a Saint??


On a recent visit to friends and family in Malta I discovered another family story.
I always find these so fascinating and think that mainly these stories normally have a grain of truth to them.
This one backed up more than others.
My dear Aunt told me that she and many other relatives where asked to attend a meeting in approx 1986 regarding Nazju Falzon.
On 10th February 1987 in Rome the Theological Councillors agreed that Nazju Falzon lived the Theological and Cardinal Virtues in a heroic degree. This was a great step towards the Beatification of the Venerable Nazju Falzon.
later that year
, in Rome the Cardinals confirmed the yes vote of the Theological Councillors.It On 3rd April 2001 it was announced that the Venerable Nazju Falzon was to be declared a Blessed on May 9th 2001 in Malta. It is believed that Nazju was a distant cousin on my grandmothers side. As yet I can not establish a link with the current family information I have but I will be looking into this much further and would love to hear from anyone who might be related to Nazju, if you are think you might be or have your own family history regarding this PLEASE do contact me!!
1

No comments: